Right here is the scenario because it stands on Monday, September 19:
- Ukraine troops have superior to the japanese financial institution of the Oskil River, threatening Russian occupation forces within the japanese Donbas area. Crossing the Oskil is one other vital milestone in Ukraine’s counteroffensive.
- US Military Common Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Workers, visited a navy base in Poland internet hosting US troops and known as for vigilance, saying the conflict was “not going too properly for Russia proper now”.
- The Russian military, in search of contract troopers for its conflict in Ukraine, is utilizing cellular recruiting vans to achieve out to volunteers, offering nearly $3,000 a month as an incentive.
- The Ukrainian navy mentioned its forces repelled assaults by Russian troops within the Kharkiv area within the east and Kherson within the south, the place Ukraine launched counteroffensives this month, in addition to in components of Donetsk within the southeast.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has vowed there will be no let-up in the counterattack that has reclaimed cities and cities from Russian troops.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau mentioned mass graves present in Ukraine are proof of Russia’s conflict crimes and full accountability for its actions was wanted.
- US President Joe Biden urged Russian President Vladimir Putin to not use tactical nuclear or chemical weapons within the wake of navy setbacks in Ukraine.
- Australia won’t ban Russian vacationers from getting into the nation as a part of sanctions on Russia, its defence minister mentioned.
- Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and a world meals disaster aggravated by the conflict would be the focus of world leaders once they convene for the United Nations Common Meeting this week.
- Alla Pugacheva, the queen of Soviet pop music, denounced Putin’s war in Ukraine, saying it’s killing troopers for illusory goals, burdening the individuals, and turning Russia into a world pariah.